Sunday 6 April 2014

My Puff Crème!

Hey y'all! I’m hoping you’ve seen my video on three hairstyles for short 4c hair, if not, why don’t you check it out here eh?
In that video I created a puff (one of my best yet) using a mixture I created quite a while back at the start of my natural journey. If you’ve ever had a problem slicking down your edges and products such as Eco Styler Gel don’t work, then my puff crème is definitely something you should try out.  It’s a very moisturising equivalent to gels which can typically leave your hair feeling crunchy, dry, brittle and not to mention flaky! 

With 4C hair, allowing our delicate edges to become brittle alongside our already tight curl pattern can lead to breakage and loss of our edges. Yeah... I’ve been there before :/  So try this out if you’re looking for soft, moisturised and slick edges. 

You will need:
  • 2 tablespoons of Vegetable Glycerine 
  • 4 large tablespoons of Eco Styler Gel (I use the Moroccan/Argan Oil version)
  • 1 and a half tablespoons of Sweet Almond Oil
  • A large empty container
  • A spoon to mix the ingredients together
It’s pretty simple… just dump all of the ingredients into your clean pot and stir well! The mixture should become a white colour with a slightly heavier consistency than the Eco Styler Gel you’ve used. That’s it!

I normally spray my edges lightly with water before I apply this, but if my hair is well moisturised, it can also be used on dry hair. It leaves no flakes, smells delish and dries clear. I hope you find this useful. Let me know how it works! 

Zainab xx

No comments:

Post a Comment