Sunday 24 November 2013

Natural Hair Product Review: Aunt Jackie’s Knot on My Watch - Instant Detangling Therapy

Hi guys, I’m back with another review! I know. I’m very good to you all! It’s in my nature . This time, I’ll be stepping outside the box (just a smidge) as I bought a detangler. As many of you may have noticed, most naturals use a conditioning product to detangle their hair from roots to end either on wash days, or co-wash days. I wondered if buying a product specific for detangling would benefit my hair, especially as I am desperately trying to combat dryness and breakage on my 4c hair. 
The product claims to be free of sulfates, parabens, mineral oil and petrolatum. It also 'softens, helps restore moisture balance and eliminates knots and tangles for natural curls, coils and waves'. So, did this product work for me? Keep on reading to find out . . .

Ingredients: 

Consistency: The detangler was surprisingly more watery than I hoped it would be. As my hair is very coarse, wiry and quite dry, I think a thicker consistency would have benefitted me more. However, the product was still quite creamy. I give this a one out of two.
Scent: Oooh this stuff smells delish! It is a sweet and fruity scent without being too overpowering and sickly. It also makes me feel as though my hair is clean because it smells so fresh. I give this a two out of two.

Moisturisationess: My hair did feel quite moisturised with it… for a little while. Once the product dried into my hair, it didn’t seem to do much even with the Shea Butter and Olive Oil. I had to use the LOC method to really seal the moisture in and even then, I didn’t feel as though it had gone into the strands. It felt more like it had disappeared! I’ll have to give this a zero out of two. 

Slip/ Detangling: I felt that because the product was quite watery, it detangled my hair quite well and quite quickly it soaked each section well making it easier for my fingers and the comb to pass through. I also didn’t really need to spray my hair with water as the product kinda did it all in one. Yay! Two out of two. 

Price: I bought mine for £4.29 but in most places this retails for £5.99. I think the price is average for this 355ml bottle. Considering you don’t need a lot to detangle your hair, the price is fine for me and the product will last quite a long while. I give this a two out of two.

Overall, this detangler rated:


I do like the way it detangles but the main issues were it consistency and moisture. I feel as though type 4 hair needs a thick creamy product to really combat breakage whilst detangling, and since I’m a lazy natural I’ve realised I like everything to be done at once – exactly what a deep conditioner would do. I did like the product but I don’t think it’s something I can see myself repurchasing, especially as I’d find it difficult to fit into my wash regimen. It’s not moisturising enough to be used during my pre-poo sessions and whilst I deep condition I tend to detangle too. It would most probably be something I use mid-week but detangling mid-week is not something I do often anyway. So yeah, it was lovely, but not for me unfortunately. Thanks anyway Aunt Jackie!


See you soon guys. Zainab xxx

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value. Im glad to have found this post as its such an interesting one! I am always on the lookout for quality posts and articles so i suppose im lucky to have found this! I hope you will be adding more in the future... coconut oil pulling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb blog and good information. Would love to add your blog on my website. We sell branded hair products online in the United Kingdom as Aunt Jackies.

    ReplyDelete