Wednesday 20 February 2013

Mariama's Hair Stats



Why did you go natural?
Like Zainab, it wasn’t deliberate. I’ve had natural hair at varying times in my life, but I didn’t know I was ‘natural’. My mum used to relax my hair when I was younger, then when I got into secondary school I began to take care of my own hair and would get it corn-rowed. Then one day when I was 15 I relaxed it – just for fun – and I hated it.

I used to sleep in rollers to make my hair big and curly again until I discovered straighteners. Every other morning I would use them to curl my hair (now I think about it, it’s such a paradoxical action) and my hair broke off and would never grow past my shoulders. Because of this I cut my hair into a short bob and would get weaves to emulate the length I never thought I could have. During the summertime I began wearing my natural hair and noticed how quickly my hair was growing. I discovered YouTube videos and looked online for healthy hair tips and the rest is history!

When did you go fully natural? 
In April 2012, I stopped wearing weaves and using heat (but I never say never!).

What is your hair aim?
At the moment my hair is the longest it has ever been and I want to continue on until I reach waist length (hopefully by my graduation in Summer 2015).

What is your hair type?

A mix of all the 4s. At the moment it is dense, coarse with a low porosity but it has changed over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment